DEFINITION:

*** Victory Garden:  a kitchen garden planted during wartime to relieve food shortages ***

Friday, November 5, 2010

Adoring Agave


*********************

I took this shot last year from my mother's garden in Florida. The beautiful blue agaves had taken over and Russ and I asked her for as many as she wanted to get rid of. She took us literally and came to visit us a week before our wedding with her car loaded. We thought the blue would work well for reception arrangements and then they would make themselves at home in our Savannah garden.

Last Saturday I drove to Daytona's Farmer's Market to set up a booth of some work and upon returning home, my mother filled my honda to the brim with loads of little irises. Like the agave, they had spread like green wildfire. I spent a couple of days this week settling them into their new earth and plan to get out there this afternoon to plant the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment