DEFINITION:

*** Victory Garden:  a kitchen garden planted during wartime to relieve food shortages ***

Monday, November 8, 2010

A Gardener's Gift



*********************

Any of us living in Savannah, Georgia can tell you how easy it is to be visually spoiled when it comes to historic architecture and secret gardens.

Living on historic Jones Street for five years, I peered through many a wrought iron gate to see what was in bloom.

Jennifer, my friend and fellow choir member, learning that I was intent on "getting my gardening on", asked me if I had the "Garden Guide to the Lower South." I replied I didn't and she insisted it was a valuable resource for anyone serious about gardening here in our particular region. (Thanks for the lovely wedding present!)

Compiled over the years by members of the Trustees Garden Club, the book is a vast collection of gardening wisdom that I hope to learn a lot from.

{ photo credit: Art Meripol of Southern Living, "Savannah's Secret Gardens" }

No comments:

Post a Comment